Fostering in the South Coast
Register Your Interest
There are over 2,000 children in the South Coast who cannot be looked after by their own family. This could be because of illness or family breakdowns or because they have experienced some form of neglect. TACT are recruiting foster carers across the South Coast to provide care and support to these children. If you have a spare bedroom, a caring nature and energy to provide a child with a happy home, we believe you could become an amazing foster carer!
Who are the children we need carers for in the South Coast?
We particularly need more carers in the following areas of the South Coast: Bournemouth, Dorset, Hampshire, Poole, Portsmouth, Southampton and West Sussex.
We would ideally like to hear from people who would like to care for children aged five years and over, sibling groups or children with complex needs.
Why foster with TACT?
At TACT we are more than just a fostering agency, as a charity we put children at the heart of everything that we do and all of our surplus income goes back into services for our carers and the children that they look after.
Foster carers come to us for many reasons, they stay with us – because we help them do the most rewarding job in the world. Together we transform the lives of children and young people, giving them the chance to lead happy, loving, fulfilled lives.
We have recently received feedback from our 2017 Ofsted Inspection and are delighted to announce that TACT South Coast have achieved an Outstanding rating from Ofsted. It is extremely pleasing to be acknowledged as offering an exceptionally high quality service to our foster carers and children and young people. To read our recent Ofsted report, click here.
As a TACT foster carer you will benefit from:
- We are the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity. This means that all our surplus income is reinvested into carers and our young people.
- 24/7 support ensuring that whatever you face as a foster carer you are never alone
- A competitive professional fee, worked out depending on the detail of each placement
- An excellent training package, tailored to your needs and those of the children placed with you
- Regular meetings and support groups, giving you the chance to meet other foster carers and share experience
- Dedicated events for the children in your care, giving them the chance to meet other fostered children
What’s it like to be a foster carer?
It’s not easy, but it can be the most rewarding job in the world. To read some of our carer’s stories and experiences, click here.
John, our Senior Supervising Social Worker for TACT South Coast, provides some advice for those who are thinking about becoming foster carers below:
Our South Coast Office:
Your local office for training and support in the South Coast is:
Aviation Business Park
Although our office is in Dorset, as an approved foster carer in the South Coast area you will be registered to our South West fostering service. Find out more in our Statement of Purpose.