Fostering in the North West
Register Your Interest
Last year, TACT received over 3,000 referrals for children in the North West who could not be looked after by their own family. This could be because of illness or family breakdowns or because they have experienced some form of neglect. TACT are actively looking for foster carers across the North West to provide care and support to these children. If you have got a spare room, a caring nature and energy to provide a child with a happy home, we believe you could become an amazing foster carer!
Who are the children we need carers for in the North West?
We particularly want to hear from prospective carers in Bolton, Bury, Cheshire, Knowsley, Liverpool, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, St Helens, Stockport, Tameside and Warrington.
We would ideally like to hear from people who would like to care for children aged 10 years and over, sibling groups or children with complex needs.
TACT have a Tier 1 status across all 21 of the North West Local Authorities for all age groups. As a Tier 1 provider to North West Local Authorities, we receive regular requests for placements.
Why foster with TACT?
There is currently a need for an additional 1,240 foster families in the North West of England. At TACT we are more than just a fostering agency; as a charity we put children at the heart of everything that we do and all of our surplus income goes back into services for our carers and the children that they look after.
Foster carers come to us for many reasons, they stay with us – because we help them do the most rewarding job in the world. Together we transform the lives of children and young people, giving them the chance to lead happy, loving, fulfilled lives.
As a TACT foster carer you will benefit from:
- We are the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity. This means that all our surplus income is reinvested into carers and our young people.
- 24/7 support ensuring that whatever you face as a foster carer you are never alone
- A competitive professional fee, worked out depending on the detail of each placement
- An excellent training package, tailored to your needs and those of the children placed with you
- Regular meetings and support groups, giving you the chance to meet other foster carers and share experience
- Dedicated events for the children in your care, giving them the chance to meet other fostered children
What’s it like to be a foster carer?
It’s not easy, but it can be the most rewarding job in the world. To read some of our carer’s stories and experiences, click here.
Some of our carers and young people, alongside our ambassador Solomon O.B, describe their experiences of fostering with TACT in the short film below:
TACT North West
2 Green Lane
Although our office is in Liverpool, we have staff based in all areas of the North West so you can rest assured knowing that wherever you are, we have highly skilled staff ready to support you through your fostering journey. Find out more in our Statement of Purpose.