Fostering in London & The East
Register Your Interest
Last year, TACT received over 2,500 referrals for children in the East London area who could not be looked after by their own family. This could be because of illness or family breakdowns or because they have experienced some form of neglect. TACT are recruiting foster carers across London & The East to provide care and support to these children. If you have a spare bedroom, a caring nature and energy to provide a child with a happy home, we believe you could become an amazing foster carer!
Who are the children we need carers for in London and the East?
We particularly want to hear from prospective carers in Brent, Barnet, Barking and Dagenham, Camden, Enfield, Essex, Haringey, Hackney, Havering, Hertfordshire, Islington, Newham, Tottenham, Tower Hamlets, Redbridge, Suffolk and Waltham Forest.
We would ideally like to hear from people who like to care for children with complex needs and sibling groups.
There are a number of contracts across London and The East area, with some Local Authorities joining together. On many of the contracts, TACT are a Tier 1 provider, Other Local Authorities, such as Hertfordshire, do not have contracts but TACT are a preferred provider.
Why foster with TACT?
There is currently a need for 930 foster families across London. At TACT we are more than just a fostering agency; as a charity we put children at the heart of everything that we do and all of our surplus income goes back into services for our carers and the children that they look after.
Foster carers come to us for many reasons and they stay with us – because we help them do the most rewarding job in the world. Together we transform the lives of children and young people, giving them the chance to lead happy, loving, fulfilled lives.
As a TACT foster carer you will benefit from:
- We are the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity. This means that all our surplus income is reinvested into carers and our young people.
- 24/7 support ensuring that whatever you face as a foster carer you are never alone
- A competitive professional fee, worked out depending on the detail of each placement
- An excellent training package, tailored to your needs and those of the children placed with you
- Regular meetings and support groups, giving you the chance to meet other foster carers and share experience
- Dedicated events for the children in your care, giving them the chance to meet other fostered children
What’s it like to be a foster carer?
It’s not easy, but it can be the most rewarding job in the world. To read some of our carer’s stories and experiences, click here.
TACT Foster Carers Rose and Bill, from Essex, discuss their experiences of fostering with TACT below:
TACT East London
42-48 High Road
Although our office is based in South Woodford, we have staff based in all areas of London & The East so you can rest assured knowing that wherever you are, we have highly skilled staff ready to support you through your fostering journey. Find out more in our Statement of Purpose.