You can transfer to TACT from another fostering agency or a local authority if you are currently fostering a child with them. There is absolutely no reason to feel overwhelmed by the process as we will be there to support you fully and guide you through the transfer process.
If you are currently fostering a child or young person, we will talk to you in more detail about this to ensure the transfer process is as smooth as possible. One of the most important factors when transferring fostering agency is ensuring stability and consistency continues for the child or young person and this is something we work very closely with you on. There will be wider discussions with other parties, which you will be involved in, to discuss the child’s best interests and to agree that the child will be able to remain in your care when you transfer agency.
We know this can seem daunting but we can assure you that we will be there to guide and support you through the process.
“I found TACT to be more children focused than other agencies and was impressed with ongoing support which was available.”
TACT Foster Carer
Here are the transfer steps:
1. Start by making an enquiry using the form on this page, or by calling us on 0330 123 2250. If you are using our form, select ‘I am currently a foster carer’.
2. We will make contact with you, and discuss the full process and answer any questions that you may have.
3. If after talking to us it is decided that the transfer should go ahead, you should inform your current agency or local authority of your wish to transfer, if you haven’t done so already. We will also make contact with your current fostering service in order to initiate the transfer.
4. We will invite you to a fast-track meeting. You will not need to take our Skills To Foster course – although you are more than welcome to participate if you wish!
5. We undertake the assessment process with you.
How long will the transfer take?
As a current foster carer, your assessment with TACT will be fast-tracked. The transfer process may be slightly different depending on which fostering service you’re transferring from or if you’re transferring with a child or young person. Once we have more information on your situation, we will be able to give you more accurate timescales but rest assured it will likely be much faster than your first initial assessment.