The TACT Adoption Service has now permanently closed.
What this means to adults who have adopted and children who have been adopted through TACT
- Local Authorities who have placed children with TACT adopters have been informed about the closure. Any future request for access to TACT, IAS, FFC, PFC Family Ties & PHRAS files should be made by approaching the local authority the enquirer lives in. Local Authorities and Regional Adoption Agencies will then be able to request files from TACT. These will continue to be the responsibility of TACT and kept for 100 years in line with legal requirements.
- Requests for files should be made to TACT at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you require support ongoing please contact the adoption service of the local authority who placed your child with you (if you adopted less than 3 years ago) or the local authority where you live (if you adopted over 3 years ago). Through them you may be able to access the Adoption Support Fund.
Other Useful Contacts
There are many organisations that offer a variety of support, counselling or therapeutic services such as:
- First4Adoption – a national information service for people interested in adopting a child.
- Adoption UK – founded by adoptive parents to offer support, information and advice.
- Family Lives – provides support to parents to deal with the changes of part of family life.
- New Family Social – provides support and improves the treatment of LGBT+ people in the adoption and fostering process
- Family Action – A Family Connect free helpline for anyone over 18 in a family to receive text, email or telephone support free with an additional option where appropriate for a befriending service or counselling service.
- Family Connect – A service to help adopted people and those with a care history to get advice and information on their legal rights and how to search for information.
- We Are Family – An adoption support community in and around London, open to all adopters.
- Adopt London – A partnership of 23 London local authorities providing specialist adoption services for London communities.
- PAC-UK – Post Adoption Centre providing specialist therapy, advice, support, counselling and training for all affected by adoption and permanency.