How do I transfer fostering agency?
How to transfer fostering agency is a question we are asked a lot. The good news is, transferring to us is easier than you may think! Whilst a Form F assessment will still need to be completed, in many cases this will not take as long as the initial assessment you took when first becoming a foster carer.
You will also not be required to attend a Skills To Foster course. Instead, we will set up a fast-track meeting with you.
Here are the transfer steps:
1. Start by making an enquiry using the form on this page, or by calling us on 0330 123 2250. If you are using our form, select ‘I am currently a foster carer’.
2. We will make contact with you, and discuss the full process and answer any questions that you may have.
3. If after talking to us it is decided that the transfer should go ahead, you should inform your current agency or local authority of your wish to transfer, if you haven’t done so already. We will also make contact with your current fostering service in order to initiate the transfer.
4. We will invite you to a fast-track meeting. You will not need to take our Skills To Foster course – although you are more than welcome to participate if you wish!
5. We undertake the assessment process with you.
How long will the transfer take?
As a current foster carer, your assessment with TACT will be fast-tracked. The transfer process may be slightly different depending on which fostering service you’re transferring from or if you’re transferring with a child or young person. Once we have more information on your situation, we will be able to give you more accurate timescales but rest assured it will likely be much faster than your first initial assessment.
Your right to transfer fostering agency
You have the right to freedom of movement between fostering services, with or without a child or young person in placement. Read the transfer protocols for England, Scotland and Wales.