TACT has demonstrated its commitment to promoting the positive mental wellbeing of our staff by signing the Time To change Employer Pledge.
The Time to Change campaign is the biggest ever programme to challenge mental health stigma, led by mental health charities MIND and Rethink Mental Health. By choosing to be open about mental health, we at TACT are part of a movement that’s changing the conversation around mental health and ensuring that no one is made to feel isolated or alone.
TACT’s Patron, the TV star and author Lorraine Pascale, is backing the charity’s involvement with the campaign. She said:
“Mental health awareness is vital. Supporting people to talk honestly and openly about their mental and emotional health is very important to me. I am thrilled that TACT, of which I am proud to be Patron, has signed up to Time to Change as I want to change the way people think and act about mental health problems. Let’s make stuff happen”
TACT’s action plan to change how we all think and act about mental health will include:
- Building discussions about wellbeing into supervision meetings
- Training a Mental Health First Aider in every TACT Office
- Providing a free counselling service to all staff via the Employee Assistance Scheme
- Including wellbeing as a standing item at Senior Leadership, Staff Reps and Team meetings
- Producing a regular wellbeing newsletter about the benefits and provisions available to employees, encouraging good wellbeing practices and signposting external guidance and help
To celebrate TACT’s participation in the Time to Change programme, a ceremony was held during which CEO Andy Elvin and TACT Trustee Mary Griffiths-Jones, each signed the pledge. And TACT’s Ambassador – the poet and musician Solomon O B, has recorded a special message of support and encouragement to staff about Time to Change which you can see here