Senior Administration Officer
Location: Homebased – Working Remotely-West Midlands
Hours: 35 hours per week- (Full Time)
Contract: Fixed Term - 9 months (min) - 12 months (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £21,840 per annum + £750 per annum homeworking allowance
As a ‘not for profit’ organisation, TACT puts the needs of our children and carers first and look to appoint individuals who are as passionate about fostering as we are. TACT invests all surplus income into staff, carers, and child development. This means that we have been able to establish expert in-house support services such as our TACT Health and Education Services and create TACT Connect, our ground-breaking scheme for care experienced young people and adults. New staff will join us as we embark on a journey to become a wholly trauma-informed organisation with the aim of increasing our effectiveness and improving outcomes for the children and young people in our care.
We pride ourselves on our flexible working opportunities, an extensive wellbeing programme and our benefits package, all curated to support a healthy work-life balance for all our staff. We will also invest in your learning, supporting you to grow and develop during your employment with TACT. You will be encouraged to attend personal and professional development opportunities and will have access to learning and resources to empower you to advance your knowledge and skills.
We are currently the 4th Best Charity to work for and the 16th Best Mid-Sized Company in the UK according to The Best Companies criteria and our survey results have evidenced “outstanding” levels of engagement amongst staff in recent years. You can view our Best Companies summary video here.
TACT provides an excellent employee benefits package including…
- 31 days paid holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular one to one supervisions and team meetings
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities
- Monthly employee wellbeing events and an annual programme including yoga and other activities for work life balance
- Retail discount scheme, support with eye care costs, subsidised dental costs and other employee benefits
- Stakeholder pension scheme with 6% matched contributions (salary sacrifice)
- Death in service Insurance from day one
- A wide range of supportive staff policies
In this role, some of the tasks you will be responsible for include:
- Providing an administration service within the West Midlands team.
- Timely and accurate record keeping on Charms (in house system).
- Responding to telephone calls and emails and allocating these to staff as appropriate. When necessary, take messages for staff members and ensure that these are passed on.
- Processing invoices and ensuring these are paid in advance or promptly after completion.
- Preparation of Fostering application packs.
- Undertake a range of fostering/adoption checks as required by legislation, including medicals, DBS/PVG checks etc
- Arrange fostering/adoption approvals and fostering reviews compliant with regulations, National Standards and TACT policies.
- Administratively deal with the foster care training.
- Cover in the admin team
The successful candidate will have…
- Experience of working in a busy administrative setting
- Ability to obtain, extract and analyse information from various systems
- Confidence in using all Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, One Drive & SharePoint
- Experience of using a software system to record, retrieve and maintain records
- Excellent communication skills to suit a broad range of professional relationships
- The ability to work to deadlines, with accuracy and flexibility, sometimes dealing with conflicting priorities
- Familiarity with handling confidential and sensitive information in line with relevant regulations and legislative requirements
- A tendency to think creatively, exhibit resourcefulness, work with enthusiasm, compassion, and commitment
- Evidence of an understanding and commitment to equalities, diversity, and anti-discriminatory practices
Please see full details of the role, duties and benefits package in the Job Information Pack and Job Description and more information about TACT on our website at www.tactcare.org.uk.
A Standard DBS clearance is required for this role and will be processed by TACT on your behalf.
- Closing Date: 10th December 2023
- Interview Date: 19th December 2023 (via Microsoft Teams)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believes that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications, and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.