Self-Employed Form F Assessors
Role: Self-employed Form F Assessor
Locations: Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire, Nottingham and Derby.
Pay - £2,000 per Form F Assessment / £33 per hour, plus 45p mileage
We are the UK’s largest specialist charity provider of fostering. Our core work involves providing high quality and well supported fostering families for children and young people in the care of local authorities.
As a ‘not for profit’ organisation, TACT puts the needs of our children and carers first and look to appoint individuals who are as passionate about fostering as we are. TACT invests all surplus income into staff, carers, and child development. This means that we have been able to establish expert in-house support services such as our TACT Health and Education Services and create TACT Connect, our ground-breaking scheme for care experienced young people and adults. New staff and workers will join us as we embark on a journey to become a wholly trauma-informed organisation with the aim of increasing our effectiveness and improving outcomes for the children and young people in our care.
As a self-employed worker with TACT, you will be a part of our amazing team of professionals working with our organisational values at the heart of their everyday practice. You can review our values here.
We are recruiting sessional assessing social workers to undertake Form F assessments. This is a hybrid working role and you will assess prospective foster carers using a combination of video calling and face-to-face visits where you’ll get to know the applicants better and undertake health & safety assessments. We are particularly looking for assessors in the following areas of the UK.
Key Duties for Form F Assessors include:
- To undertake and complete Form F assessments in the timescale set out in our policy and guidance.
- To visit personal referees as identified on application form for prospective foster carers (virtual visits or in person where required).
- To ensure that all checks and references are undertaken and completed.
- To provide to the supervisor, regular written updates of the draft assessment.
- To liaise with our administrative team concerning the progress of administrative checks and completion of the Form F.
- To be available for supervision, consultation or liaison as required.
- To be available to present completed Form Fs to the virtual fostering panel and provide support to the applicants through this process.
- To be aware of our child protection procedures and immediately report any child protection matter or concerns to a TACT manager and any relevant placing authority and the area authority.
- To carry out the duties in line with our Foster Carer and Supervising Social Worker Standards and Practice Guidance.
Rates of Pay for Form F Assessors
- We will pay £2000 (inclusive of VAT) upon successful completion of a Form F Assessment.
- £33 per hour for assessments which are not completed, and any other piece of work.
Please see the Self-Employed Form F Assessor Job Information Pack for a full breakdown of role requirments.
You will be DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualified and registered with the relevant regulatory body (Social Work England, Social Care Wales or Scottish Social Services Council).
An Enhanced DBS/PVG check will be required for this role and will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf.
Closing Date: Ongoing
Interview Date: ASAP
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and we believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of our commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard our young people. All staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
We do not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.