Self Employed Form F Assessor
Self-employed Sessional Assessing Social Worker
TACT is the UK’s largest specialist charity provider of fostering. Our core work involves providing high quality and well supported fostering families for children and young people in the care of local authorities. Working in partnership with local authorities across England, Wales and Scotland, we are dedicated to providing creative, effective and outcome-focused services. We also campaign on behalf of children and young people in care, carers and adoptive families and are a leading voice in the sector.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
Find out more about our values here: https://www.tactcare.org.uk/about-us/
We are recruiting sessional assessing social workers to undertake Form F assessments in the East Midlands area. Our assessments are undertaken virtually using video calling and a minimum of one face to face visit to meet the applicants and undertake health & safety assessments.
- To undertake and complete Form F assessments in the timescale set out in TACT’s policy and guidance.
- To visit personal referees as identified on application form for prospective foster carers (virtual visits).
- To ensure that all checks and references are undertaken and completed.
- To provide to the supervisor, regular written updates of the draft assessment.
- To liaise with the TACT administrative team concerning the progress of administrative checks and completion of the Form F.
- To be available for supervision, consultation or liaison as required.
- To be available to present completed Form F’s to TACT's fostering panel and provide support to the applicants through this process.
- To be aware of TACT’s child protection procedures and immediately report any child protection matter or concerns to a TACT manager and any relevant placing authority and the area authority.
- To carry out the duties in line with TACT’s Foster Carer and Supervising Social Worker Standards and Practice Guidance.
- The support and supervision of foster carers and placements (including but not exhaustively: carer supervision visits, visits to the YP in placement, attending LAC reviews, PEP meetings, other relevant professional meetings, writing supervision notes and carer reviews, carrying out H&S checks, keeping files up to date etc.)
Rates of Pay
- TACT will pay £2000 (inclusive of VAT) upon successful completion of a Form F Assessment.
Please see the Self-Employed Sessional Assessing Social Worker Job Information Pack for a full breakdown of the role and rates.
- You will be DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualified and registered with Social Work England.
- An Enhanced DBS check will be required for this role and will be requested on your behalf by TACT
Closing Date : Midnight on Thursday 8th September 2022
Interview Date: Friday 16th September 2022
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.