Deputy Area Manager
Region: Southwest (Bristol, Bath & North East Somerset, Wiltshire, Swindon, North Somerset, Somerset, Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and Oxford)
Contract: Home-based. Permanent - Full-time (35 Hours per week)
Salary: £42,750 p.a.
(£40,500 p.a. Salary + £1,500 p.a. OOH + £750 p.a. Homeworking allowance)
+ Mileage: 45p. per mile
As a ‘not for profit’ organisation, TACT put the needs of our children and carers first and look to appoint individuals who are as passionate about this as we are. We know that we cannot provide this level of care without our staff which is why we are proactive in looking after the wellbeing of our employees. As a homeworking organisation, we pride ourselves on the flexibility this brings, along with our flexible working opportunities to enable you to have a healthy work / life balance. We also provide a full and active wellbeing calendar and activities, along with your input to ensure you get the most from it.
As a foster care charity, TACT invests all surplus income into services, staff, carers, and child development. This means that we have been able to invest unique projects like TACT Connect, our ground-breaking scheme for our TACT care experienced young people and adults, our expanding TACT Education Service and our new Health Service.
It is not surprising that this had led to us gaining 'outstanding’ levels of employee engagement in a recent Best Companies Survey this year. Come and join us and be part of our amazing team of professionals who put young people at the heart of every decision.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people. Find out more about our values here: https://www.tactcare.org.uk/about-us/
We are looking for a Deputy Manager who has experience in Fostering and who is looking for a step up into Management.
Core Tasks include:
- Assisting the Area Manager in the management and leadership of the Team, using a trauma-informed therapeutic approach.
- Chairing meetings and facilitating foster carer support groups.
- Collation and analysis of management information.
- Coordination of out of hours rotas and daily duties.
- Contribute to development of area operational, financial and performance plans.
- Deputising, managing and leading on behalf of the Area Manager as required.
- Undertaking audits, monitoring performance and ensuring compliance.
- Social Work Degree.
- Social Work England Registration.
- Post qualifying experience including at least 2 years in family placement work or post qualifying experience in other child-care. settings which must include statutory child care work.
- A proven track record in working with and on behalf of children, using a trauma-informed therapeutic approach.
- Knowledge of relevant child-care and fostering legislation.
- Knowledge of child protection / safeguarding children and other monitoring procedures and their reporting processes.
- Knowledge of standards and legislation related to providing the fostering service.
- Good IT Skills including Office 365.
- Availability to travel, working flexibly including evening and weekends and to participate in the out of hours rota.
- Use of a car suitable for transporting children.
More information in the Job Description.
TACT offer an excellent employee benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday plus bank holidays.
- Flexible working arrangements (including compressed hours, flexibility around core hours, volunteer days policy).
- Family friendly policies.
- Homeworking ‘bundle’ including annual allowance, IT equipment and a loan for office set up.
- Employee Assistance Programme (including CBT counselling, remote GP appointments, physiotherapy, mental health support and second opinions).
- Perkbox – retail discount scheme.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice).
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities.
More information in the Job Information Pack.
Closing: Sunday, 30th January 2022 (by midnight)
Interviews: Tuesday, 8th February 2022
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications, and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.