Duty Social Worker
Job title: Duty Social Worker
Work location: Home-based, covering South London, Surrey, Kent, Hampshire and Dorset
Contract type: Permanent (35 hours per week)
Travelling for team meetings and safeguarding meetings as required
Salary: £36,063 p.a. [£29,700 p.a. (salary) + £750 p.a. (Homeworking Allowance) + £1,500 p.a. (Out of Hours Rota Allowance, upon starting on the rota) + £500 p.a. (Placements' allowance, upon starting on the rota)] + £3,613 p.a. (London Weighting, if applicable).
Duty Social Worker - Main Responsibilities:
- Provide a support service to foster carers.
- Provide a duty service to Local Authority Social Workers in relation to current placements.
- Provide information and response service to prospective foster carers.
Duty Social Worker - Essential Requirements:
- Experience of working in Children's Services;
- Understanding the impact of trauma on children;
- Be able to match children and carers reducing the number of vacancies;
- Offer advice and guidance to foster carers in a crisis including when on out of hours rota;
- Have supervisory experience.
- A post-qualifying experience which should be in family placement work or post-qualifying experience in other childcare settings.
- A proven track record in working with and on behalf of children, respecting and maintaining their individuality and promoting their positive development.
- BA or Master in Social Work or Dip SW, CSS or CQSW qualification.
- Current Registration with Social Work England.
The overall purpose of the Duty Social Worker is to provide Co-ordination of the placement service offered to Local Authorities.
An Enhanced DBS disclosure is also required, and this will be requested for you by TACT.
The successful candidate will participate on the out of hours’ rota and will receive an out of hours’ allowance payment of £1,500 per annum plus £500 per annum for placements.
Working from Home
TACT is a homebased workforce. We recognise the benefits that flexible home working creates for both the employer and the employee.
You will be required to attend team meetings in London or another locality identified every other month.
As a remote working organisation we are committed to work with our staff to enable consistent inclusion and engagement across the organisation to ensure the optimum standards of service for our carers and children.
The Duty Social Worker will be eligible for TACT's excellent benefits package which includes:
- 31 days paid holiday plus BH
- Flexible working arrangements
- Death in service insurance
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Retail discount scheme membership
- Learning and development opportunities
For further information please see the Job Description and the Benefits Booklet in attachment.
Closing: Wednesday, 5th May 2021
Interviews: Wednesday, 12th May 2021 (via video-call)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
Previous applicants in last 6 months need not to apply.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.