Area Manager (Homebased)
Covering the East London area (travelling required)
£49,500 p.a. + £1,500 pa. (Out of Hours Allowance) + £750 pa (Homeworking Allowance) + £3,613 pa (London Weighting - only applicable if residing in a London Borough)
Permanent (35 hours per week)
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering charity now has over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children’s development.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
We are looking to recruit an Area Manager who will undertake the Registered Manager responsibilities for a small team who supports and supervises the foster families and placements we have in the East London region and ensures the welfare and positive outcomes for the children and young people they look after. TACT is home-based organisation with a positive and supportive organisational culture. TACT is dedicated to providing creative, effective and outcome-focussed services with children's best interest at the heart of every decision. TACT also campaigns on behalf of children and young people in care and carers being a leading voice in the sector.
We would welcome applications from candidates based in the East London area who would be willing to travel to surrounding areas, when it is safe to do so.
We are interested in an Area Manager for whom quality of service is paramount and with leadership and management skills. The ideal candidate for the Area Manager role should have a DipSW, CSS, CQSW.
- Post qualifying experience in fieldwork, residential or family placement setting or substantial pre-qualifying experience.
- A proven track record of providing training and supervision.
- A proven track record of working with and on behalf of children, respecting and maintaining their individuality and promoting their positive development.
- Experience in the assessment and supervision of foster carers or adopters.
- Experience of managing a team.
- Undertake the responsibilities of an Ofsted Registered Manager.
- To recruit, select and ensure the supervision and performance reviews and PDP’s of social work and outreach staff are carried out in line with TACT’s policies.
- Management of staff.
- To ensure that the fostering provision meets TACT’s equal opportunities policy and all other operational policies, procedures and standards.
- To maintain and provide statistical information on placements, referral and other relevant information.
- To monitor targets and manage day-to-day financial planning within the context of agreed budgets.
- To participate in the out of hours rota according to TACT’s out of hours policy.
- To carry out a quality assurance role in relation to case files, Form F assessments and reviews and to contribute to improvements in the fostering service identified by Ofsted inspections.
Working from Home
TACT is a homebased workforce. We recognise the benefits that flexible home working creates for both the employer and the employee.
You will be regularly required to attend meetings accross the East London region.
As a remote working organisation we are committed to work with our staff to enable consistent inclusion and engagement across the organisation to ensure the optimum standards of service for our carers and children.
TACT offer an excellent employee benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday plus BH.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Death in service scheme.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice).
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities.
For further information please see the Job Description and Person Specification in attachment.
- Closing: Friday 19th March 2021
- Interviews and Presentation: Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st March 2021 (via Microsoft Teams - candidates will be required for both dates)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.