Senior Administration Officer
Senior Administrative Officer
Homebased - North Kent / East Surrey
Salary TACT is the UK’s largest specialist charity provider of fostering and adoption services. Our core work involves providing high quality and well supported fostering or adoptive families for children and young people in the care of local authorities. Working in partnership with local authorities from our offices across England, Wales and Scotland, we are dedicated to providing creative, effective and outcome-focused services. We also campaign on behalf of children and young people in care, carers and adoptive families and are a leading voice in the sector.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
The Senior Administrative Officer will have responsibility for providing a range of meticulous administrative functions to support the busy TACT London and the South Team. The Senior Administrative Officer will be line managed by the Admin Manager and carry out various duties during core office hours including:-
- maintaining full and accurate carer records
- administration of carer training programmes
- management of emails and telephone communications
- progressing confidential and sensitive information according to policy and procedures
- adherence to regulations, legislation and compliance requirements as required by the task
The Senior Administrative Officer role engages with the admin team, social workers and foster carers and others using the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel etc) and other databases and will have:-
- excellent time management skills
- excellent IT skills - specifically Microsoft Office Applications
- excellent customer service skills
- experience of minute taking
- experience of remote working as part of a wider team
- knowledge and understanding of diversity and equal opportunities
The Senior Administrative Officer is primarily a homebased role requiring attendance at online meetings as well as the willingness to travel for face to face meetings two or three times a month.
Full details are provided in the Job Description and Person Specification.
The Senior Administrative Officer will be eligible for TACT's excellent benefits and reward package including:
- 31 days paid holiday
- flexible working arrangements
- group income protection scheme
- death in service
- stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice)
- retail discount scheme membership and
- fantastic learning and development opportunities
Please see the job information pack for further information.
Closing date: Midnight on Sunday 25th October 2020
Interviews: Wednesday 11th November 2020 (Via Microsoft Teams)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.