Part Time - 21 Hours Per Week (Wednesday, Thursday & Friday - 9am to 5pm)
£14,580 pro rata per annum (£24,300 per annum full time)
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity. Formed in 1993, we now have over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children's development.
TACT offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Up to 31 days paid holiday (pro rata for part time staff)
- flexible working arrangements
- group income protection scheme
- death in service and stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice)
- fantastic learning and development opportunities.
Building upon our reputation for delivering excellent outcomes for children. We are now looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly-motivated individual with experience in administration within the social care field to work with us as a Placement Officer in our South West office based in Bristol.
The Placement Officer is responsible for receiving placement requests for children who need to be looked after and matching them to our foster carer in cooperation with the Duty Social Worker. The role requires exceptional communication skills and discretion, sensitivity and the capability to deal with conflicting priorities at times.
The successful applicant will have the following essential attributes:
- experience in a social care and health setting working with children/young people and a knowledge of safeguarding procedures.
- evidence of excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- the ability to build a rapport and a positive working relationship with external partners
- demonstrable general administration and office experience
A standard DBS clearance is required for this role and will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf.
Please see the Placement Officer Job Description and Job Information Pack for full details.
- Closing Date: Friday, 31st July 2020
- Interviews: Monday, 17th August 2020 (via Microsoft Teams)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient numbers of applications are received, you are therefore advised to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment