Senior Supervising Social Worker
Full Time - Permanent
Established in 1992, TACT is the UK’s largest specialist charity provider of fostering and adoption services. Our core work involves providing high quality and well supported fostering or adoptive families for children and young people in the care of local authorities. Working in partnership with local authorities from our offices across England, Wales and Scotland, we are dedicated to providing creative, effective and outcome-focused services. We also campaign on behalf of children and young people in care, carers and adoptive families and are a leading voice in the sector.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a Senior Supervising Social Worker within a national non-profit making organisation at a local level. We are interested in individuals for whom quality of service is paramount and in those who share our commitment to working in partnership with children and their foster carers in the development of the agency.
TACT East Midlands are currently seeking a full time, enthusiastic and committed Senior Supervising Social Worker to recruit, assess, train and support a diverse range of foster carers and placements, mainly working in the Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire area initially but with the potential for duties across the TACT East Midlands region.
For this post, you will need to have significant post qualifying experience, be DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualified and registered with Social Work England. An Enhanced DBS clearance is also required and is requested for you by TACT.
Main responsabilities (please see full Job Description):
- To provide regular support via telephone and supervisory visits to foster carers.
- To participate in the recruitment of potential carers.
- To undertake Form F assessments of potential foster carers.
- To ensure the necessary risk assessments are done for foster carers.
- To participate in negotiation between TACT and Local Authorities to ensure that each child or young person placed is carefully matched with a carer capable of meeting their needs.
- To participate in the out of hours system as required.
- To sit on a fostering panel as required.
TACT's employee benefits includes:
- 31 days paid holiday (not including BH)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Income protection scheme in case of long-term sickness after 2 years of employment
- Death in service insurance cover
- Workplace Pension
- Dental Insurance
- Perkbox discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing Programme
- Loyalty Awards
- Friendly family policies
- Learning & Development opportunities.
Please see the job information pack for further information.
The successful candidate will receive £500 per annum Home Working Allowance. Will be also required to participate on an out of hours’ rota granting an additional allowance of £1,500 per annum for this duty (once participating in the rota).
- Closing Date: Monday, 20th April 2020
- Interviews: Wednesday, 29th April 2020 through Skype
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.