Fostering Panel Members
Fostering Panel Member - Cardiff
Up to 12 days per year (+ training days)
We are currently looking for panel members to be part of our Fostering Panel in Wales. We are specifically seeking three fostering panel members with backgrounds respectively in healthcare, a formerly looked after person, and a foster carer. We particularly welcome applications from Welsh-speakers and people from black and minority ethnic backgrounds.
This is an exciting time to become involved with TACT and we believe there is no better organisation to be involved with for anyone passionate about Fostering and Adoption services. In line with our values, we expect fostering panel members to ensure that all decisions are made with regard to the interest of 'children in care', foster carers, and the community in which they live. Successful applicants will be responsible for the following Fostering Panel Member duties: -
- Reading the circulated papers carefully before the meeting and to attend the meeting prepared to raise issues and to contribute to the panel discussion.
- Participating in the making of a recommendations, on each case, drawing on both personal and professional knowledge and experience.
- To attend at least 75 per cent of meetings of the panel.
- To be prepared to attend additional panels if possible, if requested.
- To participate, with other panel members, in advising on policy and procedural matters as required.
- To address diversity issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice.
- To safeguard the confidentiality of all panel papers and panel discussions.
- To participate in panel induction and in panel training, which will be at least one day per year.
- To participate constructively in the annual review of their panel membership, if this is an agency requirement.
A Standard DBS check clearance is required for these roles. This check will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf. You will also be required to have professional membership of a relevant body if you are currently a practicing healthcare, social work or similarly qualified professional.
Closing Date : Midnight on Sunday 2nd February 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 14th February 2020 - taking place at TACT Wales (CF11 9LJ)
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.