Fostering Deputy Area Manager
Permanent - Full Time 35 Hours Per Week
Office Based - Kettering
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity now has over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children’s development.
The TACT East Midlands service currently seeks an enthusiastic Fostering Deputy Area Manager who is committed to ensuring that the children we care for meet their full potential. The successful candidate will bring experience of working with children and young people in a statutory setting, and a management qualification, to the Fostering Deputy Area Manager role.
The Deputy Area Manager's core duties will include:
- Assisting the Area Manager in ensuring that the service provides the highest standards of care and support to its foster families
- Supervision of qualified Social Work staff and sessional workers
- Chairing meetings and support groups
- Collation and analysis of management information
- Coordination of rotas and duties
- Contribute to development of area operational, financial and performance plans
- Deputising and leading on behalf of the Area Manager as required
- Undertaking audits, monitor performance and ensure compliance
The Fostering Deputy Area Manager must be HPCP registered and have a DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualification. An enhanced DBS check is required for this post and will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf. The use of a car is essential.
TACT offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Group income protection scheme
- Death in service cover
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice)
- And fantastic learning and development opportunities
You will be required to participate in the out of hours duty rota, attracting an additional allowance of £1,500 per annum (once on the rota).
Please see the Deputy Area Manager job description and applicant information booklet for full details.
- Closing: Midnight on Monday 2nd December 2019
- Interviews: Tuesday 10th December 2019
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.