Performance and Quality
We are extremely proud that in most of our recent inspections our offices have been rated as good or better. We put this achievement down to our professional, dedicated staff and carers who embrace our child-centred ethos.
External inspections are carried out by Ofsted (in England), The Care and Social Services Inspectorate for Wales and Social Care and Social Work Improvement Scotland.
TACT’s Strategic Plan
Please download TACT’s Strategic Plan 2019 – 2022.
You can view all of our TACT regional Ofsted Reports here.
Our annual Impact Report provides information about our work and achievements each year.
You can view TACT’s 2020 Impact report here.
- 82% of our young people who have left school attend college. This compares with 80% for all young people and is above the national average for all looked after children (66%)
- Only 2% of TACT children and young people have been convicted of an offence or cautioned in the last 12 months compared to 9% nationally
- Only 8% aged between 16 and 18 are unemployed (better than the national averages for ALL children)
Our accreditation and standards
- We are constantly seeking to improve our services and to attain external validation through inspection from other organisations
- TACT was the first fostering and adoption agency to achieve the Customer Service Excellence accreditation in 2009 and has been re-approved every year since then
- In 2012, we were reassessed by Investors in People and achieved the higher Silver level status
- We were the first fostering service to meet all the standards of the LILAC (Leading Improvements for Looked After Children) award.
- We have been awarded The Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations To Work For for numerous years.
Internal quality assurance
In addition to external inspection and regulation, we also carry out a wide range of internal quality assurance processes. These include surveys of our carers, staff and young people; specific customer journey information; outcome information on the care we provide to children and young people placed with us and many other areas.
We carry out an annual review and analysis of all complaints received by the fostering and adoption service to ensure that these have been responded to effectively and any required learning has been undertaken by the organisation. These are benchmarked against previous years’ figures to ensure progress is made.