Independent Reviewing Officer
TACT is the UK’s largest specialist charity provider of fostering and adoption services. Our core work involves providing high quality and well supported fostering or adoptive families for children and young people in the care of local authorities. Working in partnership with local authorities from our offices across England, Wales and Scotland, we are dedicated to providing creative, effective and outcome-focused services. We also campaign on behalf of children and young people in care, carers and adoptive families and are a leading voice in the sector.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
We are currently seeking an Independent Fostering Reviewing Officer to work in our Yorkshire office.
- To carry out statutory annual reviews of Foster Carers.
- To satisfy TACT that the foster carers continue to be suitable to be professional foster carers and that all safeguarding issues are addressed.
- To make recommendation to TACT in regard to foster carers terms of approval.
- To give the carer, the social worker of any child in placement, birth children and fostered children the opportunity to give feedback about the placement
- To be part of TACT’s Quality Assurance processes
- To ensure foster carers are enabling children to reach their full potential
Rates of Pay
- TACT will pay £33.00 per hour plus mileage at 45p per mile (to the Leeds Office).
Please see the Job Information Pack for a full breakdown of the role and rates.
You will need to be DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualified and registered with the HCPC. An enhanced disclosure is also required and will be carried out by TACT on your behalf.
- Closing: Midnight on Wednesday, 17th July 2019
- Interviews: Tuesday, 2nd August 2019 at the TACT Yorkshire Office, Leeds (LS14 6FD)
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.