TACT, the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity. Formed in 1993, we now have over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children's development.
Building upon our reputation for delivering excellent outcomes for children. We are now looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly-motivated Placement Officer with experience in administration within the social care field.
The Placement Officer is responsible for receiving placement requests for children who need to be looked after and matching them to our foster carer in cooperation with TACT' s team.
The role requires:
- exceptional communication skills;
- capability to deal with conflicting priorities at times.
The successful applicant will have the following essential attributes:
- experience in a social care and health setting;
- experience of working with children/young people;
- knowledge of safeguarding procedures;
- excellent communication skills;
- excellent attention to detail skills;
- experience of using Microsoft Applications;
- experience in using databases;
- the ability to build a rapport and a positive working relationship with external partners;
- good general administration and office experience.
A standard DBS clearance is required for this role and will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf.
TACT offer an excellent benefits package including 31 days paid holiday, flexible working arrangements, group income protection scheme, x10 death in service, stakeholder pension scheme and fantastic learning and development opportunities.
Please see the Job Description and Job Information Pack for full details.
Closing Date: Midnight, Thursday 15th August 2019
Interviews: Wednesday, 4th September 2019
TACT reserve the right to close this vacancy early if sufficient numbers of applications are received, you are therefore advised to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment