Senior Supervising Supervising Social Worker
Full Time - Permanent Supervising Social Worker
Homebased - South West Wales
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity now has over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children’s development.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a national non-profitable organisation at a local level. We are interested in individuals for whom quality of service is paramount and in those who share our commitment to working in partnership with children and their foster carers in the development of the agency.
Duties of the Supervising Social Worker will include:
- managing caseloads
- recruitment of foster carers
- duty / placement work
- shared out of hours service (for which you will receive an additional allowance of £1,500 once participating)
This supervising social worker role will cover the South West Wales area so ideally the successful candidate will be located in the Neath/Swansea or neighbouring area. The TACT Wales Office is based in Cardiff and team meetings take place here once a month therefore the successful candidate must be willing to travel.
We welcome applications from Welsh speaking supervising social workers as we are currently under-represented in this area.
The successful supervising social worker will be required to have the following:
- Recent experience in childcare, preferably family placement/fostering work
- Up-to-date knowledge of all relevant legislation
- DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualified and registered with Social Care Wales
- An enhanced disclosure is also required and is requested for you by TACT
TACT offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday
- flexible working arrangements
- group income protection scheme
- currently x10 death in service cover
- stakeholder pension scheme and
- fantastic learning and development opportunities.
Please see the job information pack for further information.
• Closing: Midnight on Sunday 30th June 2019
• Interviews: Tuesday 9th July 2019 - taking place at TACT Cymru (CF11 9LJ)
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.