Fostering Panel Members
Fees - £150 Per Panel
Up to 12 days per year (+ training days)
We are currently looking for Panel Members with foster care, health and education and childcare law knowledge and experience for our Fostering Panel based in our TACT Yorkshire Office.
The Yorkshire office is based in Leeds and the fostering panel meet at this office on a monthly basis.
As Panel Member your duties will include:
- Reading the circulated papers carefully before the meeting and to attend the meeting prepared to raise issues and to contribute to the panel discussion.
- Participating in the making of a recommendation, on each case, drawing on both personal and professional knowledge and experience.
- To attend at least 75 per cent of meetings of the panel.
- To be prepared to attend additional panels if possible, if requested.
- To participate, with other panel members, in advising on policy and procedural matters as required.
- To address diversity issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice.
- To safeguard the confidentiality of all panel papers and panel discussions.
- To participate in panel induction and in panel training, which will be at least one day per year.
- To participate constructively in the annual review of their panel membership, if this is an agency requirement.
We are looking for candidates who have an awareness of safeguarding children and young people, with a keen interest in, and understanding of fostering. The ideal candidate will have good assessment and analytical skills, be willing to share knowledge from their own discipline with a group setting, good communications skills as well as the ability to travel and flexibility to be available at short notice from time to time.
In line with our values, we expect each panel member to ensure that all decisions are made with regard to the interest of ‘children in care’, foster carers, and the community in which they live.
This is an exciting time to become involved with TACT and we believe there is no better organisation to be involved with for anyone passionate about fostering and adoption services.
A Standard DBS clearance is required for these roles and will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf. You will be required to have professional membership to a social work body if you are currently a practicing social worker.
- Closing Date: PLEASE NOTE THAT DUE TO RECEIPT OF A SUBSTANTIAL NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS THIS VACANCY WILL CLOSE AT MIDNIGHT ON WEDNESDAY 12TH SEPTEMBER (rather than 1st October as previously advertised)
- Interviews: 15th October 2018 TACT Yorkshire (LS14 6FD)
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.