Senior Supervising Social Worker
Senior Supervising Social Worker
Contract – Full Time - Permanent
Hours - 35 hours per week
Up to £43,817 p.a. (Salary: £37,290 p.a. + £3,777 London Weighting p.a. - (if living in a London Borough) + £750 Homeworking Allowance p.a. inlcuding £1,500 p.a.Out of Hours Rota Allowance + £500 Placements Allowance p.a.
Covering Kent & West Sussex areas
As a ‘not for profit’ organisation, TACT puts the needs of our children and carers first and look to appoint individuals who are as passionate about fostering as we are. We know that we cannot provide exceptional levels of care without our staff which is why we prioritise their wellbeing. As a homeworking organisation, we pride ourselves on our flexible working opportunities, an extensive wellbeing programme and our benefits package, all curated to support a healthy work life balance for all our staff.
As a foster care charity, TACT invests all surplus income into services, staff, carers, and child development. This means that we have been able to invest unique projects like TACT Connect, our ground-breaking scheme for care experienced young people and adults, our expanding TACT Education Service and our newly established Health Service.
It is not surprising that in October 2021 the Times 100 Best Companies Survey evidenced “outstanding” levels of engagement amongst our staff and that we are currently listed as 16th in the UK’s Best Mid-Sized Companies across all industries and the 4th Best Charity to work for in 2022. Come and join us and be part of our amazing team of professionals whose vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people. Find out more about our values here: https://www.tactcare.org.uk/about-us/
TACT offer an excellent employee benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements (including compressed hours, flexibility around core hours, volunteer days policy).
- Family friendly policies
- Homeworking ‘bundle’ including annual allowance of £750, IT equipment and a loan for home office set up.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice) and life insurance from day one.
- Employee Assistance Programme (including free CBT counselling, remote GP appointments, physiotherapy, mental health support and second opinions).
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities
An opportunity has arisen for a Senior Supervising Social Worker with more than two years post qualifying experience with an IFA or LA fostering team who is ready to progress their career into a Senior role.
The role would be to support our carers in the Kent and West Sussex areas so knowledge of the area and willingness to travel is essential.
You will be joining us a Senior Supervising Social Worker which will give you the opportunity to get involved in:
- Supporting the management of complex cases.
- Supervision of and advocating for foster carers.
- Matching the needs of children and young people with fostering households.
- Offering advice and guidance to junior staff including newly qualified.
- Developing strategies with the Deputy or Area Manager to further enhance the service.
- Participate in Professional Development Meetings.
- Leading on specific projects.
- Engaging in Direct Work with children.
- This role also gives the opportunity to attend training to enhance your knowledge and skills for your personal development.
You will have a caseload of approximately 12 families, and you will be part of a team covering Surrey / Sussex, Croydon, Kent and South London.
You will need to have a BA or MA in Social Work to be a qualified and registered with Social Work England. An Enhanced DBS clearance is also required and will be processed by TACT on your behalf.
The successful applicant will be required to support Duty and Out of Hours on a rota basis and will be paid an out of hours’ allowance of £1,500 per annum once participating in the rota.
Please see the Job Information Pack and Job Description for further information.
Closing Date: Midnight – Monday, 27th June 2022
Interviews: Monday, 4th July 2022 (via Microsoft Teams)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.