Senior Administrative Officer - Fostering
Location: Homebased – UK wide - Working Remotely
Hours: 35 hours per week - (Permanent)
Salary: £19,800 pa + £750 HW Allowance pa + £3,613 London Weighting pa (if applicable)
Are you looking for an innovative and forward-thinking organisation where your skills will be appreciated and developed, where new ideas are welcomed and your need to balance home commitments and working time is recognised and supported? Then this is an excellent opportunity for you to join a highly rewarding role with the UKs largest non-profit making foster care provider who has 'outstanding’ levels of employee engagement’
As a foster care charity, TACT invests all surplus income into services, staff, carers, and child development. This includes unique projects like TACT Connect, our ground-breaking support network for our care leavers and our expanding TACT Education Service. We are growing, with over 500 dedicated TACT carers, looking after 600+ children and young people throughout England, Wales and Scotland. We demand the best services and resources for our carers, children and young people and we seek like-minded, dedicated, creative and caring individuals to join our high achieving team of staff to ensure the best outcomes for our children and families.
TACT provides an excellent employee benefits package including…
- 31 days paid holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular one to one supervisions and team meetings
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities
- Monthly employee wellbeing events and an annual programme including yoga and other activities for work life balance
- Retail discount scheme, support with eye care costs, subsidised dental costs and other employee benefits
- Stakeholder pension scheme with 4% matched contributions (salary sacrifice)
- Group income protection scheme
- Death in service Insurance from day one
- A wide range of supportive staff policies including compressed hours, adoption, maternity & paternity, menopause, bereavement and more
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- Providing an administration service to the Carer Recruitment Service enquiry and assessment teams to help meet the service objectives of increased foster carer recruitment.
- Organising and prioritising enquiries from potential foster carers and assisting the assessment team to process people through their fostering journey, including involvement in application stage and statutory checks
- Timely and accurate record keeping on Charms (in house system).
- Responding to telephone calls and allocating these to staff as appropriate. When necessary, take messages for staff members and ensure that these are passed on.
- Communicating professionally with a wide range of stakeholders, including colleagues, carers, and third-party agencies to establish professional working relationships which focus on the best outcomes for the children and young people in our care.
- Working flexibly within the team and autonomously as needed to manage your time and duties.
The successful candidate will have...
- GCSE/O Levels in English & Maths or equivalent
- Experience of working in a busy customer service setting in a related field
- Ability to obtain, extract and analyse information from various systems
- Confidence in using all Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, One Drive & SharePoint
- Experience of using a software system to record, retrieve and maintain records
- Excellent communication skills to suit a broad range of professional relationships
- The ability to work to deadlines, with accuracy and flexibility, sometimes dealing with conflicting priorities
- Familiarity with handling confidential and sensitive information in line with relevant regulations and legislative requirements
- A tendency to think creatively, exhibit resourcefulness, work with enthusiasm, compassion, and commitment
- Evidence of an understanding and commitment to equalities, diversity, and anti-discriminatory practices
Please see full details of the role, duties and benefits package in the Job Information Pack and Job Description and more information about TACT on our website at www.tactcare.org.uk.
Safeguarding is paramount at TACT therefore we use rigorous and consistent recruitment procedures to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our employees are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding, equalities and diversity focused policies and procedures at all times.
- Closing Date: Tuesday, 30th November 2021
- Interview Date: Wednesday, 15th December 2021 (via Microsoft Teams)
TACT reserves the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, you are advised to apply as soon as possible to prevent disappointment.
TACT does not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.