Senior Administration Officer
Salary – £19,800 per annum plus £750 Home Working Allowance per annum
Contract & Hours – Permanent Contract at 35 Hours per Week
Location – Homebased in the North East of England
Are you feeling undervalued and unappreciated, doing endless admin without any meaningful outcome? Are you looking for an innovative and forward-thinking organisation where your skills will be appreciated and developed, where new ideas are welcomed and your need to balance home commitments and working time is recognised and supported? Then this is an excellent opportunity for you to join a highly rewarding role with the UKs largest non-profit making foster care provider.
As a foster care charity, TACT invests all surplus income into services, staff, carers, and child development. This includes unique projects like TACT Connect, our ground-breaking support network for our care leavers and our expanding TACT Education Service. We are growing, with over 500 dedicated TACT carers, looking after 600+ children and young people throughout England, Wales and Scotland. We demand the best services and resources for our carers, children and young people and we seek like-minded, dedicated, creative and caring individuals to join our high achieving team of staff to ensure the best outcomes for our children and families.
TACT provides an excellent employee benefits package including…
- 31 days paid holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Regular one to one supervisions and team meetings
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities
- Monthly employee wellbeing events and activities including yoga and more for worklife balance
- Retail discount scheme, support with eye care costs, subsidised dental costs and other employee benefits
- Stakeholder pension scheme with 4% matched contributions (salary sacrifice)
- Group income protection scheme
- Death in service insurance cover from day one
- A wide range of supportive staff policies including compressed hours, adoption, maternity & paternity, menopause, bereavement and more
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- Providing general administration support as directed by the Administration Manager and required by the Yorkshire & NE Team
- Timely and accurate record keeping, organisation of mailings, reports, committee papers and minute taking
- Communicating professionally with a wide range of stakeholders, including colleagues, carers and third party agencies
- Working flexibly within the team and autonomously as needed to manage your time and duties
- Establishing professional relationships with colleagues, carers and the children they look after to ensure the best outcomes for the children and young people in our care
The successful candidate for the Senior Administrative Officer role will have...
- Substantial experience in a busy and demanding role, using the microsoft office suite and other case work management software
- The ability to work to deadlines, with accuracy and flexibility, sometimes dealing with conflicting priorities
- Familiarity with handling confidential and sensitive information in line with relevant regulations and legislative requirements
- Excellent communication skills to suit a broad range of professional relationships
- A tendency to think creatively, exhibit resourcefulness, work with enthusiasm, empathy, compassion, and commitment
- Evidence of an understanding and commitment to equalities, diversity and anti-discriminatory practices
- A clear DBS record (which TACT will undertake on your behalf)
Applicants for this Senior Administrative Officer post must be based in NE England and be willing to travel to regular face to face meetings with the TACT Yorkshire and NE Team.
Please see full details of the role, duties and benefits package in the Job Information Pack and Job Description and more information about TACT on our website at www.tactcare.org.uk.
Safeguarding is paramount at TACT therefore we use rigorous and consistent recruitment procedures to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our employees are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding, equalities and diversity focused policies and procedures at all times.
Deadline for applications is Midnight on Thursday 30th September 2021
Interviews will take place on Friday 15th October 2021 via Microsoft Teams
TACT reserves the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, you are advised to apply as soon as possible to prevent disappointment.
TACT does not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.