Senior Supervising Social Worker
Salary – £37,290 Per Annum Pro Rata (£22,374)
Additional Allowances - £1,500 Out of Hours Allowance and £750 Home Working Allowance Per Annum Pro Rata (£1350)
Contract & Hours – 21 Hours per Week - 12 Months Fixed Term Contract
Location – Homebased covering Bristol, Bath, South Gloucestershire and Somerset
Are you are a registered social worker, looking for an innovative and forward-thinking organisation where your skills will be appreciated and developed, where new ideas are welcomed and you have a caseload that provides for a good worklife balance? This is an excellent opportunity for you to fulfil those requirements in a highly rewarding role with the UKs largest non-profit making fostering charity.
TACT invests all surplus income into services, staff, carers, and child development. This includes unique projects like TACT Connect, our support network for our care leavers and our expanding TACT Education Service. We are growing, with over 500 dedicated TACT carers, looking after 600+ children and young people throughout England, Wales and Scotland, we demand the best services and resources for our carers, children and young people and we seek like-minded, dedicated, creative and caring individuals to join our high achieving team of staff.
TACT offer an excellent employee benefits package including…
- 31 days paid holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part time staff)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Group income protection scheme
- Death in service Insurance from day one
- Stakeholder pension scheme with 4% matched contributions (salary sacrifice)
- Regular one to one supervisions and team meetings
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities
- Monthly employee wellbeing events and an annual programme including yoga and other activities for worklife balance
- Retail discount scheme, support with eye care costs, subsidised dental costs and other employee benefits
- A wide range of supportive staff policies including adoption, maternity & paternity, menopause, bereavement and more
In this role, you will be responsible for…
- A caseload of approximately 8 cases dependent upon experience and business demands
- Timely and accurate record keeping and adherence to regulatory guidance
- Working flexibly within the team and autonomously as needed to manage your duties
- Establishing professional relationships with colleagues, carers and the children they look after to ensure the best outcomes for the children and young people in our care
You will be suited to this role if you have…
- A successful fostering service or child placement background or training and development to support this
- The ability to work to deadlines, with accuracy and flexibly according to varying priorities including OOH Duty
- Familiarity with safeguarding regulations and legislative requirements
- Excellent communication skills to suit a broad range of professional relationships with adults, young people and children, some with complex needs
- A tendency to think creatively, exhibit resourcefulness, work with enthusiasm, compassion, and commitment
- Knowledge of current safeguarding and fostering regulations
- A clear DBS record (which TACT will undertake on your behalf)
Applicants for this Senior Supervising Social Worker role must be based within a reasonable travelling distance of Bristol, Bath, South Gloucestershire and Somerset.
Please see full details of the role, duties and benefits package in the Job Information Pack and Job Description and more information about TACT on our website at www.tactcare.org.uk.
Safeguarding is paramount at TACT therefore we use rigorous and consistent recruitment procedures to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our employees are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding, equalities and diversity focused policies and procedures at all times.
Deadline for applications is Midnight on Monday 26th July 2021
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 3rd August 2021 via Microsoft Teams
TACT reserves the right to close this vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, you are advised to apply as soon as possible to prevent disappointment.
TACT does not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.