Deputy Area Manager
Job title: Deputy Area Manager
Region to cover: South Coast (Hampshire, Poole, Dorset, Portsmouth areas)
Contract type: Home-based. Permanent - Full-time (35 Hours per week)
Salary: £43,250 p.a. [£40,500 p.a. (Salary) + £1,500 p.a. (OOH allowance, upon starting on the rota) + £500 p.a. (Placement’s allowance, upon starting on the rota) + £750 p.a. (Homeworking allowance)]
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering charity now has over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children’s development.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
Find out more about our values here: https://www.tactcare.org.uk/about-us/
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced fostering Social Worker Manager to lead the development of the South Coast team. This role will hold responsibility for supervision of staff and a small number of carers in this area and will support the Area Manager to further grow and develop this service. This post will cover the Hampshire, Poole, Dorset, Portsmouth areas. This is an excellent opportunity of career progression for and experienced Social Worker.
The Homebased Fostering Deputy Area Manager must be Social Work England registered and have a BA, Masters or DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualification. An Enhanced DBS check is required for this post and will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf.
- Assisting the Area Manager in ensuring that the service provides the highest standards of care and support to its foster families.
- Supervision of qualified Social Work staff and sessional workers.
- Chairing meetings and support groups.
- Collation and analysis of management information.
- Coordination of rotas and duties.
- Contribute to development of area operational, financial and performance plans.
- Deputising and leading on behalf of the Area Manager as required.
- Undertaking audits, monitor performance and ensure compliance.
- Capacity to plan and prioritise, to use electronic records system and IT effectively including participating in virtual meetings and webinars.
Working from Home
TACT is a homebased workforce. We recognise the benefits that flexible home working creates for both the employer and the employee.
You will be regularly required to attend meetings in the South Coast area.
As a remote working organisation, we are committed to work with our staff to enable consistent inclusion and engagement across the organisation to ensure the optimum standards of service for our carers and children.
TACT offer an excellent employee benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday plus BH.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Death in service scheme.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice).
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities.
Closing: Tuesday, 25th May 2021
Interviews: Thursday, 6th June 2021 (via Microsoft Teams)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.