Deputy Area Manager
Deputy Area Manager
Permanent - Full Time - 35 Hours Per Week
Home Based – West Midlands
Salary: £45,000 pa + £750 Home Working Allowance pa + £1,500 Out of Hours Allowance pa
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering charity now has over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children’s development.
The West Midlands service currently seeks an enthusiastic Homebased Fostering Deputy Area Manager who is committed to ensuring that the children we care for meet their full potential. The successful candidate will bring experience of working with children and young people in a statutory setting, have a management qualification and have strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
As a Homebased Fostering Deputy Area Manager your core duties will include:
- Assisting the Area Manager in ensuring that the service provides the highest standards of care and support to its foster families
- Supervision of qualified Social Work staff and sessional workers
- Chairing meetings and support groups
- Collation and analysis of management information
- Coordination of rotas and duties
- Contribute to development of area operational, financial and performance plans
- Deputising and leading on behalf of the Area Manager as required
- Undertaking audits, monitor performance and ensure compliance
The Homebased Fostering Deputy Area Manager must be Social Work England registered and have a DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualification. An enhanced DBS check is required for this post and will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf.
TACT is a homebased workforce. We recognise the benefits that flexible home working creates for both the employer and the employee. As a remote working organisation, we are committed to work with our staff to enable consistent inclusion and engagement across the organisation to ensure the optimum standards of service for our carers and children. The postholder will need to travel around the West Midlands and surrounding areas post Covid in order to support foster carers, children and young people.
TACT offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Group income protection scheme
- Death in service cover
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice)
- And fantastic learning and development opportunities
The sucessful candidate will be required to participate in the out of hours duty rota, attracting an additional allowance of £1,500 per annum (once on the rota).
Please see the Deputy Area Manager job description and applicant information booklet for full details.
- Closing: Midnight on Monday, 15th March 2021
- Interviews: Monday, 29th March 2021 (via Microsoft Teams)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications, and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.