Duty Social Worker
Home Based - 35 hours per week
Fixed-Term (up to one year contract - Maternity Cover)
Salary: Up to £33,000 p.a. + £1,500 p.a. (OOH rota) + £750 p.a. Homeworking Allowance
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity now has over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children’s development.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Social Worker to be part of a national non-profit making organisation at a local level. We are interested in hearing from Social Workers for whom quality of service is paramount and in those who share our commitment to working in partnership with children and their foster carers in the development of the agency.
The overall purpose of the Duty Social Worker is to Co-ordination of the placement service offered to Local Authorities.
As a Duty Social Worker your main responsabilities will be to:
- Provide a support service to foster carers.
- Provide a duty service to Local Authority Social Workers in relation to current placements.
- Provide information and response service to prospective foster carers.
As a Duty Social Worker you will be required to have:
- A post-qualifying experience which should be in family placement work or post-qualifying experience in other childcare settings.
- A proven track record in working with and on behalf of children, respecting and maintaining their individuality and promoting their positive development.
- Dip SW, CSS or CQSW qualification.
- Current Registration with Social Work England.
This job is a maternity cover and will be home-based in the context of Covid-19 pandemic. We accept applications from anyone registered with Social Work England regardless where they live. The areas which the Duty Social Worker will cover are: Wiltshire, Somerset, Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, Gloucestershire, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
An Enhanced DBS disclosure is also required, and this will be requested for you by TACT. The successful candidate will participate on the out of hours’ rota and will receive an out of hours’ allowance payment of £1,500 per annum once participating in the rota.
The Duty Social Worker will be eligible for TACT's excellent benefits package which includes:
- 31 days paid holiday plus BH
- Flexible working arrangements
- Death in service insurance
- Stakeholder pension scheme
- Retail discount scheme membership
- Learning and development opportunities
Please see the job information pack for further information.
Closing: Sunday, 11th October 2020
Interviews: Monday, 19th October 2020 (via video-call)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
Previous applicants in last 6 months need not to apply.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.