TACT Connect Mentoring Worker
TACT Connect Mentoring Worker
Hours: 17.5 Hours Per Week
Salary: £13,050 per annum (£26,100 per annum pro rata)
TACT is the UK’s largest specialist charity provider of fostering. Our core work involves providing high quality and well supported fostering families for children and young people in the care of local authorities. Working in partnership with local authorities from our offices across England, Wales and Scotland, we are dedicated to providing creative, effective and outcome-focused services. We also campaign on behalf of children and young people in care, carers and adoptive families and are a leading voice in the sector.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
Building upon our reputation for delivering excellent outcomes for children we are looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly-motivated individual to assist in driving forward our innovative TACT Connect scheme, mentoring care experienced young adults and looked after children as they leave care and strive to fulfil their potential and become successful young adults.
The core purpose of the TACT Connect Mentoring Worker, in close liaison with the TACT Connect Coordinator, will be to develop and deliver an effective and energetic volunteer service, specifically recruiting and training mentors and matching them with our TACT Connect mentees.
The successful applicant for the TACT Connect Mentoring Worker will have:
- Experience of the care system or paid, voluntary or advocacy work with young people within social care settings.
- Preferably, a Level 2 qualification in working with young adults and children or equivalent.
- Experience of training and managing volunteers.
- Current knowledge and understanding of safeguarding and child protection and the process around these issues and those regarding working with vulnerable young adults will be essential.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to positively engage with TACT Connect members and potential volunteers.
- A willingness to work flexibly as part of our small but growing team to establish and maintain this exciting care leaver support service and network.
Full details of the role can be found in the TACT Connect Mentoring Worker Job Description.
TACT offer an excellent benefits package including:
- Up to 31 days paid holiday (pro rata for part time staff)
- flexible working arrangements
- group income protection scheme
- death in service and stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice)
- fantastic learning and development opportunities.
An enhanced DBS Check will be required for this role and will be requested by TACT on your behalf.
Closing Date: Midnight on Monday 28th September 2020
Interviews: Friday 9th October 2020 (Via Microsoft Teams)
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.