Senior Supervising Social Worker
Full Time - Permanent (35 hours per week)
Covering Nottingham/Nottinghamshire and Derby/Derbyshire area
Up to £37,290 p.a. + £1,500 p.a. Out of Hours Allowance + £750 p.a. Home Working Allowance
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity now has over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children’s development.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
Find out more about our values here: https://www.tactcare.org.uk/about-us/
A post has arisen for a Senior Supervising Social Worker who will support and supervise the foster families and placements we have in the Nottingham/Nottinghamshire and Derby/Derbyshire areas in this home based role. We are therefore inviting applications from social workers located in areas with easy access to these Local Authorities. The successful candidate will be part of the wider, dynamic and forward thinking registered office in Kettering.
We are interested in individuals for whom quality of service is paramount and in those who share our commitment to working in partnership with children and their foster carers in the development of the agency. The successful candidate should also have post qualifying experience in family placement work or other child care settings as well as a good working knowledge of relevant legislation and child protection procedures.
- Post qualifying experience which should be in family placement work or post qualifying experience in other child care settings.
- A proven track record in working with and on behalf of children, respecting and maintaining their individuality and promoting their positive development.
- Experience of group work and/or delivery of training.
- Up to date knowledge of relevant legislation including the Fostering National Minimum Standards and Fostering regulations.
- Experience of working with/supporting looked after children and their foster carers.
- Experience carrying out Form F assessments or a proven track record in assessment skills.
TACT offer an excellent employee benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday plus BH.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Group income protection scheme.
- Death in service scheme.
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice).
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities.
Please see the Job Information Pack and Job Description for further information.
You will need to be DipSW, CSS or CQSW qualified and registered with Social Work England. An enhanced DBS clearance is also required and is requested for you by TACT.
The successful applicant will be required to support Duty and Ouf of Hours on a rota basis and will be paid an out of hours’ allowance of £1,500 per annum once participating in the rota.
Closing: Midnight - Sunday 1st November 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 10th November 2020 (via Microsoft Teams)
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.