Education Support Administrator
Education Support Administrator
Salary: £19,800 per annum plus £500 Home Working Allowance
TACT is the UK’s largest specialist charity provider of fostering services. Our core work involves providing high quality and well supported fostering for children and young people in the care of local authorities. Working in partnership with local authorities from our offices across England, Wales and Scotland, we are dedicated to providing creative, effective and outcome-focused services. We also campaign on behalf of children and young people in care, carers and are a leading voice in the sector.
Our vision is to provide better lives for our children and young people.
The Education Support Administrator is an exciting new post that will work closely with the Head of Education. As part of this team, the Education Support Administrator will aim to ensure that all children and young people looked after by TACT receive all possible educational entitlements, as appropriate for their needs and abilities, enabling them to fulfil their academic and personal potential.
The Education Support Administrator will specialise in educational focussed tasks as directed by the Head of Education including;
- supporting regional teams in administration of PEPs, SEN EHCPs and similar requirements
- coordinating documentation and associated records and systems on education casework
- signposting managers, social workers and foster carers to information regarding education services and entitlements
- maintaining a robust system of monitoring and tracking data relating to education information
- gathering and analysis of data to contribute to reports and campaigns on education and attainment
- develop and promote new initiatives, work collaboratively with third parties and explore fund raising opportunities
The successful candidate for the Education Support Administrator vacancy will have:
- substantial senior administrative experience, ideally in an educational or child focussed care setting
- a professional qualification in education, knowledge of PEPs, pupil premium and SEN provision would be desireable
- the ability to prioritise, organise tasks and problem solve creatively
- a thorough attention to detail and meticulous record keeping and monitoring skills
- a clear understanding of safeguarding and it's implications within the role
- excellent Microsoft Office suite knowledge and skills
- excellent customer service experience and sensitivity to the needs of others
A standard DBS check is required for this role and will be carried out on your behalf by TACT.
Full details of the role and responsiblilities of the Education Support Administrator are provided in the Job Description and Person Specification.
Once appointed the Education Support Administrator will be eligible for a range of excellent staff benefits which include:
- 31 days paid holiday
- flexible working arrangements
- group income protection scheme
- death in service
- stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice)
- retail discount scheme membership and
- fantastic learning and development opportunities
Full details of TACT's employee benefits arrangements and eligability are provided in the Job Information Pack.
Closing date: Midnight on Monday 13th July 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 21st July 2020 - via Microsoft Teams
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.