Senior Supervising Social Worker
Full Time - Permanent
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity now has over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children’s development.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Supervising Social Worker to be part of a national non-profit making organisation at a local level. We are interested in hearing from Senior Supervising Social Workers for whom quality of service is paramount and in those who share our commitment to working in partnership with children and their foster carers in the development of the agency.
The overall purpose of the Senior Supervising Social Worker is to recruit, assess, train and support a diverse range of foster carers and placements.
As a Senior Supervising Social Worker you will be required to have:
- Post qualifying experience which should be in family placement work or post qualifying experience in other child care settings.
- A proven track record in working with and on behalf of children, respecting and maintaining their individuality and promoting their positive development.
- Dip SW, CSS or CQSW qualification
- Current Registration with the Social Work England
The successful candidate will be office based for the first six months after which the role will revert to a home-based role. The candidate will be required to participate on an out of hours’ rota and will be paid an additional allowance of £1,500 per annum for this duty (once participating in the rota) in addition to this you will receive £500 per annum Home Working Allowance. An enhanced disclosure check is required for the Senior Supervising Social Worker role and will be requested for you by TACT.
The Senior Supervising Social Worker will be eligible for TACT's excellent benefits package which includes:
- 31 days paid holiday
- flexible working arrangements
- group income protection scheme
- death in service scheme
- stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice)
- retail discount scheme membership and
- fantastic learning and development opportunities
Please see the job information pack for further information.
- Closing Date: Friday, 17th April 2020
- Interviews via Skype: Thursday, 30th April 2020
Safeguarding is everyone’s business and TACT believe that only the people with the right skills and values should work in social work. As part of TACT’s commitment to safeguarding, we properly examine the skills, experience, qualifications and values of potential staff in relation to our work with vulnerable young children. We use rigorous and consistent recruitment approaches to help safeguard TACT’s young people. All our staff are expected to work in line with TACT’s safeguarding policies.
TACT does not accept unsolicited CVs from external recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment