Fostering Placement Officer
Fostering Placement Officer - Permanent - Office Based - Leeds
Part Time - 21 Hours Per Week
£14,580 Per Annum (£24,300 Pro Rata)
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity. Formed in 1993, we now have over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children's development.
This is an exciting opportunity for a dynamic, enthusiastic, highly-motivated individual with experience in administration within the social care field to join the recently merged Yorkshire and North East Area Team as the Fostering Placement Officer.
The Fostering Placement Officer is responsible for receiving foster care placement requests for children and matching them to our foster carers on behalf of the Area Manager and in close cooperation with the Duty Social Worker. The Fostering Placement Officer role requires exceptional communication skills and discretion, sensitivity and the capability to deal with conflicting priorities at times.
The successful candidate will bring experience in a social care and health setting working with children/young people and current knowledge of safeguarding procedures to the Fostering Placement Officer role.
General office experience and knowledge of Microsoft packages is also essential, along with excellent communication skills and the ability to build a rapport and a positive working relationships with external partnership agencies.
The Fostering Placement Officer’s core duties includes:
- Process referrals for placements received from Local Authorities
- Precise record keeping
- Accurate maintenance of databases and files
- Careful liaison with Duty Social Worker, Foster Carers, Managers and LAs as needed
- Timely completion of associated paperwork and safeguarding procedures
- Coordination of foster carer communications
- Send out enquiry packs to potential foster carers and monitor system for follow up calls
- Prompt reporting of safeguarding concerns
- Collating statistics and analysing patterns and contributing to reports and tenders
TACT offer an excellent benefits package including:
- 31 days paid holiday
- Flexible working arrangements
- Group income protection scheme
- Death in service cover
- Stakeholder pension scheme (salary sacrifice)
- And fantastic learning and development opportunities
Please see the job description and applicant information booklet for full details.
A standard DBS check will be required and carried out by TACT on your behalf.
Closing: Midnight on Monday 25th November 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 4th December 2019 - TACT Yorkshire (LS14 6FD)
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.