Up to 12 days per year (+ training days)
We are currently looking for panel members to be part of our Fostering Panel in our North West area. Specifically we are looking for panel member with a health background, education professional, independent foster carer, ex-care leaver or Unaccompanied Asylum seeking knowledge and experience.
As a Panel Member, you will be required to take responsibility for:
- Reading the circulated papers carefully before the meeting and to attend the meeting prepared to raise issues and to contribute to the panel discussion.
- Participating in the making of a recommendation, on each case, drawing on both personal and professional knowledge and experience.
As Panel Member your duties will include:
- To attend at least 75 per cent of meetings of the panel.
- To be prepared to attend additional panels if possible, if requested.
- To participate, with other panel members, in advising on policy and procedural matters as required.
- To address diversity issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice.
- To safeguard the confidentiality of all panel papers and panel discussions.
- To participate in panel induction and in panel training, which will be at least one day per year.
- To participate constructively in the annual review of their panel membership, if this is an agency requirement.
In line with our values, we expect each panel member to ensure that all decisions are made with regard to the interest of ‘children in care,’ foster carers, and the community in which they live.
This is an exciting time to become involved with TACT and we believe there is no better organisation to be involved with for anyone passionate about Fostering and Adoption services.
A Standard DBS clearance is required for these roles. This check will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf. You will be required to have professional membership to a social work body if you are currently a practicing social worker.
Closing Date : 10th October 2019
Interview Date: 25th Ocotber 2019
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.