Fostering Panel Chair
Up to 20 days per year (+ training days)
We are currently looking for a Panel Chair to take the lead for our Fostering Panel in our South West and Wales offices. These regions have two offices in Bristol and Cardiff and the successful candidate will be required to travel to both offices to chair panel meetings.
As Panel Chair, you will be required to take responsibility for:
- Chairing panel meetings, ensuring that all items of business are covered and that the panel operates in accordance with Fostering Regulations and the policies and procedures of the agency.
- Co-ordinating and directing the work of the fostering panel and in ensuring the quality of foster carers recruited meets relevant standards.
As Panel Chair your duties will include:
- Facilitate the active participation of all panel members.
- To prepare for panel meetings, reading panel papers carefully, identifying key issues and alerting the panel adviser if necessary to any concerns.
- To liaise with the decision-maker and with other senior managers as required.
- Be involved in the recruitment and appointment of new panel members.
- Assist in developing, promoting and monitoring policies and procedures and high standards of work in fostering services in the agency.
- To assist in planning training for panel members and to participate in this at least one day per year.
- To assist in the appraisal of panel members as required
In line with our values, we expect each panel member to ensure that all decisions are made with regard to the interest of ‘children in care,’ foster carers, and the community in which they live.
This is an exciting time to become involved with TACT and we believe there is no better organisation to be involved with for anyone passionate about Fostering and Adoption services.
A Standard DBS clearance is required for these roles. This check will be undertaken by TACT on your behalf. You will be required to have professional membership to a social work body if you are currently a practicing social worker.
- Closing: Monday 14th October 2019
- Interviews: Wednesday 23rd October 2019 at TACT South West or TACT Cardiff (depending on location of applicants)
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.