Senior Social Worker
Full Time - Permanent
TACT, the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity now has over 500 dedicated carers, who look after over 600 children and young people across the country. Our reputation and growth rests upon our strength in providing successful placements. As a charity, we do not have shareholders who receive profits and we invest all of our surplus income into service, staff, carers, and children’s development.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Supervising Social Worker to be part of a national non-profit making organisation at a local level. We are interested in hearing from Senior Supervising Social Workers for whom quality of service is paramount and in those who share our commitment to working in partnership with children and their foster carers in the development of the agency.
The overall purpose of the Senior Supervising Social Worker is to recruit, assess, train and support a diverse range of foster carers and placements.
As a Senior Supervising Social Worker you will be required to have:
- Post qualifying experience which should be in family placement work or post qualifying experience in other child care settings.
- A proven track record in working with and on behalf of children, respecting and maintaining their individuality and promoting their positive development.
- Dip SW, CSS or CQSW qualification
- Current Registration with the HCPC
An enhanced DBS disclosure is also required, and this will be requested for you by TACT. The successful candidate will be accepted to participate on the out of hours’ rota and will receive an out of hours’ allowance payment of £1,500 per annum once participating in the rota.
The Senior Supervising Social Worker will be eligible for TACT's excellent benefits package which includes:
- 31 days paid holiday
- flexible working arrangements
- group income protection scheme
- x10 death in service
- stakeholder pension scheme
- retail discount scheme membership and
- fantastic learning and development opportunities
Please see the job information pack for further information.
- Closing: Sunday, 28th July 2019
- Interviews: Wednesday 21st August 2019 at TACT South West (BS16 2QQ)
TACT reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.