Fostering in Yorkshire
Last year, TACT received over 2000 for children across Yorkshire who cannot be looked after by their own family. This could be because of illness or family breakdowns or because they have experienced some form of neglect. TACT are actively looking for foster carers across Yorkshire to provide care and support to these children. If you have a spare bedroom, a caring nature and energy to provide a child with a happy home, we believe you could become an amazing foster carer!
Who are the children we need carers for in Yorkshire?
We are currently looking for prospective carers in Barnsley, Bradford, Calderdale, York, Doncaster, East Riding of Yorkshire, Hull, Kirklees, Leeds, Rotherham, Sheffield, and Wakefield.
We would ideally like to hear from people who would like to care for children aged 10 years and over, sibling groups or children with complex needs.
Why foster with TACT?
We have recently received feedback from our 2018 Ofsted Inspection and are delighted to announce that TACT Yorkshire have achieved a Good rating from Ofsted. It is extremely pleasing to be acknowledged as offering an exceptionally high quality service to our foster carers and children and young people. To read our recent Ofsted report, click here.
There is currently a need for an additional 720 foster families across Yorkshire. At TACT we are more than just a fostering agency; as a charity we put children at the heart of everything that we do and all of our surplus income goes back into services for our carers and the children that they look after.
Foster carers come to us for many reasons and they stay with us – because we help them do the most rewarding job in the world. Together we transform the lives of children and young people, giving them the chance to lead happy, loving, fulfilled lives.
As a TACT foster carer you will benefit from:
- We are the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity. This means that all our surplus income is reinvested into carers and our young people.
- 24/7 support ensuring that whatever you face as a foster carer you are never alone
- A competitive professional fee, worked out depending on the detail of each placement
- An excellent training package, tailored to your needs and those of the children placed with you
- Regular meetings and support groups, giving you the chance to meet other foster carers and share experience
- Dedicated events for the children in your care, giving them the chance to meet other fostered children
What’s it like to be a foster carer?
It’s not easy, but it can be the most rewarding job in the world. To read some of our carer’s stories and experiences, click here.
Some of our carers and young people, alongside our ambassador Solomon O.B, describe their experiences of fostering with TACT in the short film below:
Killingbeck Drive – off York Road
Although our office is in Leeds, we have staff based in all areas of Yorkshire so you can rest assured knowing that wherever you are, we have highly skilled staff ready to support you through your fostering journey. Find out more in our Statement of Purpose.