Fostering in Kent
As of April 2019, TACT have joined together with SFS (Supported Fostering Services) Kent, another not-for-profit organisation who are rated outstanding by Ofsted, in order to create a new service for foster carers in Kent. This means we will now have a dedicated social work team based in Kent who are able to provide local training and 24/7 support for our carers there.
Every year, TACT receive referrals for children in Kent who can’t be looked after by their own family. This could be because of illness, family breakdown or because they have experienced some form of neglect. TACT are recruiting foster carers from Kent and the surrounding areas to provide care and support to these children. If you’ve got a spare room, a caring nature and energy to provide a child with a happy home, we believe you could become an amazing foster carer!
Who are the children we need carers for in Kent?
We particularly want to hear from prospective carers in Ashford, Canterbury, Chatham, Gillingham, Gravesend, Isle of Sheppey, Maidstone, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Sevenoaks and Tilbury, as well as Medway and parts of South Essex such as Basildon and Southend-On-Sea.
We would ideally like to hear from people who would like to care for children aged five years and over, sibling groups or children with complex needs.
As a TACT foster carer you will benefit from:
- We are the UK’s largest fostering and adoption charity. This means that all our surplus income is reinvested into carers and our young people.
- 24/7 support ensuring that whatever you face as a foster carer you are never alone
- A competitive professional fee, worked out depending on the detail of each placement
- An excellent training package, tailored to your needs and those of the children placed with you
- Regular meetings and support groups, giving you the chance to meet other foster carers and share experience
- Dedicated events for the children in your care, giving them the chance to meet other fostered children
What’s it like to be a foster carer?
It’s not easy, but it can be the most rewarding role in the world. To read some of our carer’s stories and experiences, click here.
26 The Hill
Although our office is in Northfleet, we have staff based in all areas across Kent and the South East so you can rest assured knowing that wherever you are, we have highly skilled staff ready to support you through your fostering journey. Find out more in our Statement of Purpose.