Who can foster?
Our foster carers come from a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and ethnic groups. We believe the most important criteria for becoming a foster carer is your ability to listen and empathise, to provide a stable and loving home and to speak up for the children you care for. Your sexuality, marital status, age and whether you own a home do not determine your suitability as a foster carer therefore will not impact your fostering application.
To be able to begin your fostering journey with TACT we do ask that you meet the following criteria:
- You must be over 21 years old
- You must have a spare bedroom
- You must be a full-time resident in the UK or have indefinite leave to remain
- You must have good spoken and written English
- You must have the time and availability to dedicate yourself to fostering
We asked some of TACT’s young people what they thought made a good foster carer…