Who can adopt?
Our adopters come from all kinds of background, cultures and ethnic groups. Your sexuality, marital status and whether you own a home count far less than your ability to provide love, time and commitment to a child who may have had difficult past experiences.
We are currently looking for adopters in Peterborough and those living within reasonable travelling distance. Applicants will need to travel to Peterborough for training, meetings and introductions to the child.
To be able to begin your adoption journey with TACT Peterborough we do ask that you meet the following criteria:
- You must be over 21
- You must have a spare bedroom
- You must have good spoken and written English
You might be interested to know that people who adopt can be:
- Single, married or unmarried
- From any ethnic or religious background
- Hetrosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender
- Homeowners or living in rented accommodation
- Employed or unemployed