Who can adopt?
Adopters come from all kinds of background, cultures and ethnic groups. Your sexuality, marital status and whether you own a home count far less than your ability to provide love, time and commitment to a child who may have had difficult past experiences.
To be able to begin your adoption journey in general:
- You must be over 21
- You must have a spare bedroom
- You must have good spoken and written English
You might be interested to know that people who adopt can be:
- Single, married or unmarried
- From any ethnic or religious background
- Hetrosexual, gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender
- Homeowners or living in rented accommodation
- Employed or unemployed